Friday, August 13, 2010
Los That Links 8-13-10
Los That Links on a Friday should mean Los That Ladies, and it will. In just a second.
Now you can call me crazy, but I think someone should, and will, give ex-Raider QB/Purple Drank-dranker Jamarcus Russell a second chance. Russell made news recently thanks to this interview where he confessed, among other things, his drug use and mediocre work ethic while with Oakland. This coming after his release from the team, and his arrest for possession of a controlled substance. Los That Sports Blog, other media, and every social network user have been giving him the Red Foxx treatment ever since, indicating they'd like him to sit down, shut up, and pray for the best.
I disagree though. Look at it like this: he's young, he's admitted a problem, and he's indicated that it's a problem he's had for a while and never received help for. The people at the Lightman Group would probably find substantial micro-expressions within his response to the question about the Raider organization offering help to know that it never happened. (I know, the Raiders not able to help a player with a drug addiction, what a shock!)
At the end of the day, he's a 24 year old athlete who has an drug problem to kick, and something to prove. Believe it or not, it can be done. Exhibit A: Chris Carter with the Eagles, Carter with the Vikings, and Carter now. Exhibit B: Michael Irvin throughout his entire career. Exhibit C: That Brett Favre guy was known to have a bit a drug problem as well.
It can be done. Russell isn't a complete lost cause.
On to the Los That Links: Los That Ladies.
- Stacey Bernice Saunders (err, Chambers). This woman is an inspiration to crazy home-wreckers everywhere.
- A crazy home-wrecker is nothing without a simp. Allow me to introduce Natasha Mckenzie, side piece of Reggie Wayne. She doesn't have sex for free (her words, not mine).
- Gratuitous Kim Kardashian mention, since her old boo fell on his sword, and her new boo is doing nothing interesting.
- This girl gets hit with a line drive at an Astros game, after the boyfriend scurries away. That's Los That Bull----, baby. Ditch that zero, and get with a Los That Hero.
- Rob Dibble wishes these two broads would just STFU and watch the game.