Thursday, August 12, 2010
Los That Links 8-12-10
I dislike preseason football. The games are insufferable. The players that play the majority of the game are very unlikely to see any playing time in the regular season. The highlights are the equivalent of what you'd take in at your local Labelle Community Football League game (yes ya'll, Patti's got a league).
But what I hate the most is that I watch it.
See, football and I have a strange relationship. Kinda like the one Rick James had with Mary Jane. Not a crack-ish addiction, but if it's around, I'll always partake. Even if it means watching Stephen McGee attempt to lead the third-string Dallas Cowboy offense on the two-minute offense.
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.
The willingness by most Americans to watch such an unappealing display of alleged athletic ability is why I feel comfortable in saying that the NFL has long taken a stranglehold of the "America's Pastime" title. Between the release of the latest Madden video game, or the "will he or won't he?" Brett Favre stories that make us quickly forget the "Summer of Lebron", our collective appetites are sufficiently whet.
Are you ready for some football? Hell m-effin yes!
On to the Los That Links
- David Stern nixes the whole Isiah Thomas back to the Knickerbockers thing. New Yorkers rejoice.
- K-Rod "K-O's" his father-in-law. Thanksgiving dinner might be a bit awkward.
- Charles Barkley says he ain't neva scared (What?). I said HE AIN'T NEVA SCARED (What?)! Just read the link, fool.
- If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, does Chipper Jones make the Hall of Fame?
- NY Jets head coach Rex Ryan apologizes for his potty mouth he showed on HBO's "Hard Knocks". He also wants Darrelle Revis and Woody Johnson to get done with their pissing contest.
- Is Matt Barnes gonna have to slap a b-tch?