Like us on Facebook!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Los That Links 8-20-10




The federal government formally indicted Roger Clemens with multiple charges of perjury yesterday. This goes back to his testimony from 2008, where he claimed he never used performance-enhancing drugs. If he's found guilty he could face up to 30 years in prison.

If you ask me, they're wasting taxpayer money going after professional athletes who tell lies. What they need to do, is go after the rappers.

Now I'm not against rap. I'm not against rap-pers. But I am against those thugs...who tell lies on their resumes. They get in the studio and wax poetic about a gangsta lifestyle that few people, let alone the rappers telling them, have ever lived. Sure, the studio isn't a courtroom, but you tell me what a 10-17 year old kid holds in higher regard. How many actual lives have been lost due to kids emulating a baseball player's work habits versus that of a gangsta rapper? Not the metaphors, but the actual claims that these dudes make.

Wouldn't it be surreal to see these claims being brought up to Capitol Hill?

"Gang affiliated, colors prosecutors painted, cause the n----s I employed names synonymous with Mi-yayo!" - Rick Ross, "Maybach Music 1"

"I got bloods on stage and bloods at my shows
F--- wit my bloods got blood on ya clothes
And I'm blooded (Su-whoop) And I'm blooded (Su-whoop)" - Lil Wayne, "I'm Blooded"

"I be wit' a gang of gangs, who hang and bang..." - Juelz Santana, "Dipset (Santana's Town)"

I'm just saying, Clemens, Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro aren't exactly influencing the hearts and minds of teenagers the way Weezy, Ross, and Juelz are.

Food for thought.

- This is still "Los That Ladies". Mindy McCready, Clemens alleged former under-aged lover, feels bad for the Rocket. Good for her, getting past that whole statutory rape thing.

- Cheryl Miller makes it to the FIBA Hall of Fame. A very handsome woman, and legendary basketball player.

- Nenad Kristic must have been influenced by the gangsta-rap he hears back in the states, because he had to be held overnight after an awesome brawl. No women were hurt.

- A guy with a woman-sounding name is back on the field after a bout with migraines. Percy Harvin is back on his feet, for the time being.

That's all I got. Gotta go hang out on the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment