Like us on Facebook!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Got a Package For You



In the last twelve months, the sports world has been flooded with pictures of pro athlete's privates. Greek Olympic level nudity really. As fans, we're still trying to reconcile just how to feel about all this. Michaelangelo's "David" is considered high art, but Greg's "Oden" isn't held in such high regard.

The most recent athlete to be exposed literally and figuratively is his holiness, Brett Favre. Los That Sports Blog, Deadspin and others teased a story for a while now of him "sexting" with Jenn Sterger (not his wife), and now the pics have made their way to the public.

In my opinion, its full-frontal comedy. But then again, I'm a sick individual. I argued with friends that Gilbert Arenas' gun pulling incident was hilarious and didn't deserve any punishment (I still feel that way). Growing up, my three favorite athletes were Barry Bonds (steroid user/perjurer), Latrell Sprewell (coach choker), and Warren Moon (wife choker). I fail to see what Ron Artest has ever done in life that could be viewed as poor judgement.

(Also, I'm confident Michael Vick and Kevin Kolb smoke copious amounts of marijuana together, and I have given them the nickname "Cheech and Chong the Dog Killer". I'm strange.)

So when Favre, Shaquille O'Neal, Oden, George Hill, or whoever sends penis pics to their significant slut, and the slut turns around and shares it with the world (as is in their nature), who am I to deny myself laughter at their expense?

When Amare' Stoudemire is caught on camera barely needing the fingernail on his pinky to cover his junk, I'm gonna find the humor.

The funnier thing to me is the way the "lame stream" media ignores the story, and allows the bloggers to relay the information to the wanting public. Yes, the public wants to know when Brett Favre sends pics of his "Viking/Aztec Warrior" to women not named Mrs. Favre. Its kind of like a big deal.

Reporting it, conversing it, does not a homosexual make either. As far as I know, there's only one act in the world that would make a person one.

So laugh at their expense. As much time and money you spend on fantasy football, going to games, and your gambling habit where the only satisfaction you get relies on their performance, do you really think they aren't laughing at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment