Like us on Facebook!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kobe To Critics: "Kiss My A__"


At times this season, The Los Angeles Lakers haven't consistently played like a championship caliber team. They have some rather ugly losses to so bottom tier teams (Sacramento, ) and recently there hase been talk regarding being motivated and trade rumblings from critics all over the place. Per this report and video from Lakers.com, Kobe Bryant offered his 2 cents on the criticism:

“Don’t know, don’t care. People that criticize can kiss my a–. I don’t give a s—. I really don’t. I keep the train moving, we’re going to keep on moving, and in June, they’ll say nothing. But now, it’s good talk."

I have a lot of respect for Kobe's bluntness. Sometimes the best answer is the straight forward one as it dispels any chance of being misquoted or misunderstanding. These latest quotes show that Kobe and the Lakers are focused on the bigger picture which is winning a third straight championship. And coming from a player that has seen the NBA Finals 7 times in his career (winning 5), you have to think Kobe knows what it takes to get back there.

I'm sure there will be tons of people who will again take his comments and say Kobe is an arrogant ball hog who isn't "clutch", but in the NBA Finals who would you rather have on your team, a guy that's complete focus is on winning or someone who would rather say & do all the politically correct things to please the critics?

I rest my case.

-ALR

No comments:

Post a Comment